Monitoring, tagging and conservation of marine  turtles in Mozambique: annual report 2011/12




The 2011/12 season recorded a total of 1122 nests. Of these nests, around 82% were recorded in the  southern part of the country, from Cabo de São Sebastião to Ponta do Ouro, and the remaining 18%  of the nests were recorded in the northern part of the country, between Vamizi and Rongui islands –  Quirimbas  National  Park.  The  majority  of  these  nests  were  recorded  between  Ponta  do  Ouro  and  Cabo  de  Santa  Maria (75%)  and  in  the  Vamizi  and  Rongui  Islands  (17%).  Once  again,  demonstrating  the importance of these two areas as marine turtle nesting sites in Mozambique.  


CTV/AICM 






- Gaza;
- Inhambane;
- Maputo


- Inglês


- Nenhuma restrição


- Biodiversidade Marinha;
- Biodiversidade Costeira


- Relatórios, Estudos, Avaliações de Biodiversidade, Linhas de Base


- Identificação, Monitoria, Indicadores e Avaliações


- Parque Nacional de Arquipelago de Bazaruto;
- Reserva Nacional de Pomene;
- Reserva Marinha Parcial da Ponta do Ouro;
- Zona de Protecção Total de Cabo de Sao Sebastião;
- Reserva Biológica de Inhaca



Download