Monitoring, tagging and conservation of marine turtles in Mozambique: annual report 2011/12.




The 2011/12 season recorded a total of 1122 nests. Of these nests, around 82% were recorded in the southern part of the country, from Cabo São Sebastião to Ponta do Ouro, and the remaining 18% of the nests were recorded in the northern part of the country, between Vamizi and Rongui islands – Quirimbas National Park. The majprity of these nests were recorded between Ponta do Ouro and Cabo de Santa Maria (75%) and in the Vamizi and Rongui Islands (17%). Once again, demonstrating the importance of these two areas as marine turtle nesting sites in Mozambique.


CTV/AICM






- Cabo Delgado;
- Gaza;
- Inhambane;
- Maputo (cidade);
- Nampula;
- Sofala;
- Zambézia


- Inglês


- Nenhuma restrição


- Biodiversidade Marinha


- Documentos de Projeto, Relatórios de Projetos e Avaliações


- Diversidade biológica e cultural;
- Áreas Protegidas


- Parque Nacional das Qurimbas;
- Parque Nacional de Arquipelago de Bazaruto;
- Reserva Marinha Parcial da Ponta do Ouro;
- Zona de Protecção Total de Cabo de Sao Sebastião;
- Reserva Biológica de Inhaca;
- Área de Protecção Ambiental das Ilhas Primeiras e Segundas



Download